What about air flow?
The pics don't show the bottom of the bracket. Is it vented for proper air flow of the Time Capsule. I see space behind the Time Capsule and assume that space is to accomodate the Ethernet and Power cables, and that is great, but is there something more from the bottom to make sure the air flows. Thanks!!
- Asked by Guy M from Cordova
- Flag as inappropriate (What about air flow?)
1 Answer from the Community
The answer is yes.
It’s unfortunate the Apple Online Store doesn’t feature the bottom view of the mounting system, but the bottom is completely open. the AirPort Extreme (Or Time Capsule, which, as you know, requires more airflow due to the HDD) is held in place by a wrap around bracket, which the power cable plugs in through to help further in holding it in place. The bracket is then mounted to the (outer?) bracket, which mounts to the wall, or even upside down with a steel angle or something, although this use isn’t exactly endorsed by either company (Innovelis or Apple).
- Answered by Ji Young B from Watervliet
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
using flash router + vpn with time capsule, what is best set-up for proper through fair when connecting FR to Lan port? Any tweaks?
- Asked by Joseph E K from Owensboro
- Flag as inappropriate (using flash router + vpn with time capsule, what is best set-up for proper through fair when connecting FR to Lan port? Any tweaks?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB