Can you use this cable to connect from a pc laptop (HDMI side) to a 2015 27" retina display iMac (thunderbolt side)?
I am trying to use my iMac screen as a big display for my tiny pc. If this is not the correct cable, which cable would let me do this - if it is possible? My pc has an HDMI port, 1 USB 2.0 port, 2 USB 3.0 ports, and an ethernet port. I would need both sound and video.
1 Answer from the Community
The Retina 5k iMac DOES NOT support "target display mode". There is absolutely no way for any desktop or laptop to connect to the Retina 5k iMac to use it as a secondary display.
- Answered by Robert I from Sneads Ferry
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this cable bidirectional? can it be used to have a 2015 iMac in destination mode connected to a PC laptop thru VGA?
- Asked by Jimmy B from Canton
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this cable bidirectional? can it be used to have a 2015 iMac in destination mode connected to a PC laptop thru VGA?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter