does this support 4k resolution 60 fps on the new macbook pro 13 retina
MACBOOK PRO 13 RETINA DISPLAY
3 Answers from the Community
Finally, with lot of R&D, I have the solution to this million dollar question and trouble.. Here you go guys-
Apple is crazy, not letting me paste the link here!!
search club3d active mdp 1.2 to hdmi 2.0 adapter (specifically CAC 1170. And yayy, you have the 4K 60hz.
- Answered by Som S from Dallas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The other person is incorrect. Many different Macs support many different resolutions and refresh rates. Such as the 5k iMac, 2015 Macbook Pro 15in Retina w/GPU, and Mac Pro supporting 5k at 60Hz using two display port outputs. It is all dependent on the available ports and the integrated or dedicated GPU in the laptop, desktop, or iMac. And, of course the monitor. But, your question on whether this supports HDMI 2.0 is a very good question and something I would like to know too. But, I can almost guarantee it does not support HDMI2.0 since no display port to HDMI adaptor out there now supports HDMI 2.0. As well, if it did it would definitely be something that would be a selling point for the cable. Also, the cable would cost about $100 more since it would have to have some sort of "logic within the cable converting the signal to HDMI 2.0.
- Answered by Robert I from Sneads Ferry
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
apple supports 3840x2160 at 30Hz and they support 4096x2160 at 24Hz. those are the only two native 4k res and refresh rates i am aware of that apple devices use. however you can use a 60Hz TV but it won't be refreshing at that high of a rate
- Answered by James N from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does the mac pro support 4k displays
- Asked by Perry H from Yellowknife
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mac pro support 4k displays)
- Asked about: Refurbished Mac Pro 3.7GHz Quad-Cor…
No answers yet
This monitor can be controlled by a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014, NVIDIA GT750M) at 4K resolution instead of 5k?
- Asked by Fabio G from Viterbo
- Flag as inappropriate (This monitor can be controlled by a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014, NVIDIA GT750M) at 4K resolution instead of 5k?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
Does this allow you to connect a Mid 2014 MacBook Pro to a 4K Display and get 60Hz refresh rate?
- Asked by Chris O from Amherst
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this allow you to connect a Mid 2014 MacBook Pro to a 4K Display and get 60Hz refresh rate?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …