Does Apple support this cable to be used to charge a Macbook 12" from another USB powered device (Mac/PC/etc)?
I know it might be slow due to the low amperage but would it cause any damage to the Macbook battery?
1 Answer from the Community
It would be slow amp. No it wouldn't damage the battery. If your USB device delivers 5W (iPhone speed) it'll take 20 hours to charge. If it delivers iPad speed 10/12W it'll take about 9-11 hours. If it has the latest Qualcomm 3.0 fast charge 15/18W, it'll take about 4-6 hours. Just get a 29W charger. It takes just 2 hours and 11 minutes.
- Answered by John H from Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you use this charger to charge other devices than the 12" Macbook?
- Asked by Christopher J K from Providence
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this charger to charge other devices than the 12" Macbook?)
- Asked about: 29W USB‑C Power Adapter
Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?
- Asked by Eric M from Accomac
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter