can i use this with a three way switch
- Asked by William S from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this with a three way switch)
2 Answers from the Community
For a three way or more switch, you wire the main switch to control the load. There are instructions you can check online at Lutron. You will basically end up passing the power directly through all the remote switch locations and you use a Pico remote at each of these locations with their wall mount adapter. Compared to other smart switch solutions, you will find this ends up much cheaper than buying a bunch of remote smart switches.
- Answered by Mark M from Trumbull
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You buy one master dimmer which is wired to your lights, then any extra switches you get the wireless remote and install it on a bracket in the wall. The remotes dont need to be wired because its battery operated and communicates everything wirelessly to the master switch.
I am doing a remodeling that normally would require a 4 way switch... spoke to Lutron today and they advised me to get 1 master caseta switch and 2 pico remotes.
- Answered by Patrick K from Belmont
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do these work with 2 way switches?
- Asked by Janay S from Lester
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these work with 2 way switches?)
- Asked about: Lutron Caséta Wireless Smart Lighti…
Because the system comes with three ports why doesn't have five ports? But I put a switch for increase the ports.
- Asked by Orlando F from Carolina
- Flag as inappropriate (Because the system comes with three ports why doesn't have five ports? But I put a switch for increase the ports.)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Does it have on on off switch?
- Asked by Brian T from Eden Prairie
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have on on off switch?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad 2