Do I need to buy smart bridge separately for it to become homekit enabled (siri controlled)? I thought apple tv acts as the central hub.
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, you need both the Lutron Caseta Smart Bridge and Apple TV (4th gen).
You may want to buy the starter kit first, which includes two switches and the Smart Bridge. This switch is an add-on to an existing system.
The switch talks to the Smart Bridge, which talks to the Apple TV, which enables your iOS device to control the switch via HomeKit and Siri:
Switch---Smart Bridge---Apple TV---HomeKit and Siri control from your iOS device
- Answered by Anthony T from Wilmette
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Apple TV acts as your external hub so that you can control HomeKit devices from outside your home WiFi network. Most HomeKit devices need a way to send a signal from your phone to the individual products they connect to, which is what the hub does. Some devices have their own built-in hub, but this is not one of those.
- Answered by Carl G from Beaverton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do I need the Hue bridge if I have an Apple TV?
- Asked by Scott D from Westhampton
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need the Hue bridge if I have an Apple TV?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue White Starter Kit A19 E…
Does this smart bridge control Zwave devices?
- Asked by Wade M from Rosharon
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this smart bridge control Zwave devices?)
- Asked about: Lutron Caséta Wireless Smart Bridge
No answers yet
Does Apple TV work as a bridge for HomeKit?
- Asked by Edward T from Glenwood Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV work as a bridge for HomeKit?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
No answers yet