Does this have to plug into the wall for power? Or can it be powered from the thunderbolt plugin
2 Answers from the Community
I think Thunderbolt includes up to 100W of power. I use mine with no wall power and a Thunderbolt to USB-C adapter. I used to plug it in when using the USB 3 connection but unsure if it was even needed then.
- Answered by Ron A from Qualicum Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It's powered through the Thunderbolt tethered cable.
- Answered by G E D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
how long is the power cord (from the adaptor to the plug)?
- Asked by John S from Vashon
- Flag as inappropriate (how long is the power cord (from the adaptor to the plug)?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus