Will using the iPad port for an iPhone 6S damage the iPhone battery?
I understand that the higher amperage port will charge faster, but does it damage the iPhone because of this?
- Asked by Ludwina O from Claremont
- Flag as inappropriate (Will using the iPad port for an iPhone 6S damage the iPhone battery?)
1 Answer from the Community
No. The charger communicates with your device to find the safe amount of power. As a extra safeguard iPhone's have built in protection which means the charging port will block any excess voltage. So if you somehow got 240volts into the iPhone it would destroy the post but not the battery nor the phone.
- Answered by John H from Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this damage the iPad Mini battery?
- Asked by Elias M from Lafayette
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this damage the iPad Mini battery?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Will a 2.1 amp charger damage my I phone 6 s plus
- Asked by Victoria H from Walls
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 2.1 amp charger damage my I phone 6 s plus)
- Asked about: iPhone