Can this drive be used with a Macbook 12 inch without the computer being connected to the power supply?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, provided you have charged your MacBook 12". When the drive is connected, it will draw power from the port, and therefore it will use your Macbook's battery's charge. If you plan to transfer a lot to/from the drive in any one sitting, it can be a real nuisance because you need to ensure you have lots of battery remaining in your MacBook before you start.
- Answered by Thomas A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I don't know what year your Macbook is but this drive gets power from the USB port and can be used without a power supply.
- Answered by Donna A Y from Plainfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with 12" macbook power adapter?
- Asked by Donald E
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with 12" macbook power adapter?)
- Asked about: Twelve South PlugBug World Charger …
No answers yet
Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?
- Asked by Eric M from Accomac
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter