Can this be used with a 120v window AC unit?
- Asked by fn from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a 120v window AC unit?)
2 Answers from the Community
The power limits of this device will only handle 1840 watts, so check your AC power specifications.
- Answered by Chaz B from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The instruction manual of my 6000 BTU window AC by LG says 115v @ 60hz // 560 Watts // 5.6A...but occasionally when the AC “works harder” to cool, IT JUST SHUTS OFF when connected to 1 of my 2 Elgato Eve Energy’s.
Note that this never happens to the 2nd Elgato Eve Energy, which controls a bigger 10,000 BTU window AC by GE that is rated at 115v // 860 Watts // 7.5A
- Answered by Jonathan R from Weehawken
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2