How high can it fly?
- Asked by Terry B from Macomb
- Flag as inappropriate (How high can it fly?)
4 Answers from the Community
When you first fly the Mavic, the DJI GO app sets the telemetry to a 30M radius in beginner flight mode. As you become confident in flying you can manually deactivate this mode at any time and set your own preferences. The app defaults to 120M above-ground-level (AGL) which is 393 feet. If you increase this default setting to higher than 120M you have to agree to an inbuilt disclaimer which effectively voids your warranty. The reason for this is that it is illegal under CAA regulations for an unmanned aerial vehicle to fly above 400 feet AGL as the drone could enter manned airspace and place manned aircraft at risk. However, if you have the required licence and permission from the CAA this vertical limit can be increased. The maximum setting of the Mavic is 500M / 1,640ft AGL. Note that the ground level is based on the homepoint of the drone i.e. the position from where it took off. It will not take changes in terrain into account during flight so if you fly off a mountain it will consider the peak of the mountain as 0ft AGL when in fact you could be hundreds of metres AGL as you fly away from the mountain - the maximum altitude ASL (sea level) is 5,000M / 16,404ft. On the flip side, if the terrain increases in altitude as you fly you could retain altitude at 120M AGL (from the homepoint) and actually hit the side of mountain - so be mindful when flying and especially beyond VLOS which is also illegal despite the Mavic being capable of reaching horizontal distances of up to 4,000M / 2.5 miles away from the homepoint if CE compliant (Europe) and 7,000M / 4.35 miles away when FCC compliant (USA).
- Answered by Andrew C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you are flying as a hobbyist (not commercial) and following the guidelines of a Community Based Organization, such as the Academy of Model Aeronautics, you can fly above 400 feet.
- Answered by Benjamin R from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
According to DJI,
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 16404 feet (5000 m)
- Answered by Keivan B from Burnaby
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
A little over 15,000 feet, but without special FAA exemptions you'll only be able to go to 400 feet and no higher.
- Answered by Andrew G from Exton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
can i upgrade from snow leopard to high sierra
- Asked by Elaine W from Litchfield
- Flag as inappropriate (can i upgrade from snow leopard to high sierra)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
No answers yet
Connecting the ATC to a FIOS high speed coax fiber router
- Asked by Steven L from Voorhees
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting the ATC to a FIOS high speed coax fiber router)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB