Will the LG ultrafine 4k display work as a secondary display with the upcoming iMac Pro?
1 Answer from the Community
The LG UltraFine 4K display is a USB-C display which requires DisplayPort through the USB-C cable (known as USB-C with DisplayPort alt mode). It uses the USB 2.0 signals of the USB-C cable for it's USB functions (audio, USB 2.0 ports, brightness control, etc).
iMac Pro has USB-C ports supporting USB and DisplayPort alt mode so it should work with any USB-C display (such as the LG UltraFine 4K) or DisplayPort 1.2 display or HDMI 1.4 display or any display adapter that uses USB-C, DisplayPort 1.2, or HDMI 1.4 as a source. HDMI 2.0 adapters are active adapters that use DisplayPort 1.2 as a source. VGA adapters use DisplayPort or HDMI as a source. All should work.
The iMac Pro's USB-C ports also support Thunderbolt 3 so it will also work with Thunderbolt displays such as the LG UltraFine 5K display.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will LG UltraFine 4K Display work with Mac Pro?
- Asked by Patrick T from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate (will LG UltraFine 4K Display work with Mac Pro?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
Does this wall mount work with the LG UltraFine 4K Display
- Asked by Fletcher E D from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this wall mount work with the LG UltraFine 4K Display)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Wall Mount
Does this work with the LG UltraFine 4K display over USB-C?
- Asked by Jeremy F from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the LG UltraFine 4K display over USB-C?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU