Can this be used with new 2018 MacBook air - usb c connection only. If not, know of any monitors that will work
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, according to Apple Support document HT207448 "Use the LG UltraFine 5K Display with your Mac"
The LG UltraFine 5K is a Thunderbolt 3 display (using two DisplayPort 1.2 streams over a single Thunderbolt 3 cable). The MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018) has two Thunderbolt 3 ports.
Note that the MacBook Air cannot support 5K60Hz on newer 5K displays that use DisplayPort 1.4.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can you connect & will it work, an SD Camera Card Adapter
- Asked by Erick K from Long Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can you connect & will it work, an SD Camera Card Adapter)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air
- Asked by Christopher D V from Crosby
- Flag as inappropriate (does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Compatible with new 2018 MacBook Air?
- Asked by John H from Milpitas
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with new 2018 MacBook Air?)
- Asked about: Moshi USB-C to DisplayPort Cable