Is this 5K display compatible with Bootcamp Windows 10?
I have the new MBP 2016 and do run Bootcamp Windows 10 quite a bit. I was wondering how this monitor would perform in Windows 10? There doesn't seem to be any physical button adjustments on the case, so I assume everything is menu OS driven - would there be any equivalent controls within Windows 10? How would the monitor's colour space be handled on the Windows side? Will the Apple Stores be carrying this monitor with a display model on the floor to try out?
- Asked by fn from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this 5K display compatible with Bootcamp Windows 10?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes it will work! I just used Windows through bootcamp on my macbook 12" to drive this display. Works without a problem You can control the display color, brightness and rotation through the Intel control panel on windows.
- Answered by Callil C from Chestnut Ridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The 5k display works only with a 4k resolution on my 13" MBP 2016 with Windows 10.
- Answered by Walter A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
It sounds weird what Calil answered. Theoretically this is a Thunderbolt enabled display, and the 12" Macbook is a USB-C computer. I'm not sure if this display is also compatible with only USB-C.
Or maybe he mistaken with the 21" 4K version. That one transmits video through USB-C.
- Answered by Geffá O from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
will the 5K monitor work with an Intel Skull Canyon windows 10 using the thunderbolt 3.0 connection on the monitor and CPU
- Asked by Robert M from Woodland Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (will the 5K monitor work with an Intel Skull Canyon windows 10 using the thunderbolt 3.0 connection on the monitor and CPU)
Does this work with Windows 10 Bootcamp?
- Asked by Carter D from Hendersonville
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Windows 10 Bootcamp?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU