Can I use a thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter to use this?
I have an early 13 MBP 15" with NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, and 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.
All that to say, I have thunderbolt 2 ports and I need a dock. I know there are good thunderbolt 2 docks but I plan on upgrading the laptop by the end of the year and would love it if I could buy a thunderbolt 3 dock and use a dongle in the meantime. Im sure at a minimum, it wouldn't be as powerful, but If I could get by with that for now, I would like to at least know.
Thanks for your time,
- Asked by Steven W from Milford
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter to use this?)
2 Answers from the Community
I have the same question, Id like to connect thunderbolt 2 computer to a thunderbolt 3 hard drive without bass power, would it be possible with this one?
- Answered by Elad B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. You can successfully use this with an adapter to an old Mac for example and works fine. Won't be as fast with data transfer if that's an issue.
- Answered by Christopher M from Santa Ana
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this display be connected to a MAC Pro (late 2013) with some sort of thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter?
- Asked by Thomas C from Natick
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this display be connected to a MAC Pro (late 2013) with some sort of thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
Is this only compatible with Thunderbolt 3 devices?
- Asked by Garth B from Idaho Falls
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this only compatible with Thunderbolt 3 devices?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display