If the outdoor camera is to be powered by simply plugging it in to an outside plug, how does this prevent someone simply unplugging it?
1 Answer from the Community
The simple answer is that it doesn't. I do not own this exact product but something similar. In fact all wifi + USB powered self-installed home security systems suffer from this flaw of replying on continuous power. However, I suppose I, and many others who are nevertheless using this kind of self installed home security system, hope that (a) the camera will at the very least capture who unpluged it from its power source and (b) that we have enough camera coverage (i.e. more than 1 camera) to capture some identifiable and legally submittable image. I think you need to be realistic and think of this type of camera as a nice extra, but not the cornerstone of your security. Beware if installed externally that you will need to comply with Privacy Laws (if in EU).
- Answered by Bo A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how long is the power cord (from the adaptor to the plug)?
- Asked by John S from Vashon
- Nov. 28, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (how long is the power cord (from the adaptor to the plug)?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus
How long is the power cord from plug to dock?
- Asked by Troy K from Shoreview
- Sep. 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the power cord from plug to dock?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - Gold