If this camera sense motion, I’d like to have certain lights also tied to HomeKit automatically come on in addition to alerting me. Is this possible?
1 Answer from the Community
There are automations built into HomeKit, which is very nice. I don't know how this camera is implemented, but if it is a "sensor" or an "accessor" that is "controlled", it should automatically do any action to any other HomeKit controlled device. As an example, my EcoBee has sensors to detect if there is motion in a room. These "sensors" when triggered can be used to automate a function, like turn on all lights, and any specific light I want to select. This could be done with a HomeKit enabled smoke detector as well, which could be very helpful exiting your house at night by turning on all lights.
So, you can set your home as "away". When away, you could have "security" turned on, and what I wish Apple would do is have more automations, like "flash all lights" in the house, and have HomePod speak some specific text such as, "The authorities have been contacted, your images have been recorded remotely. Please exit the home and wait for authorities to arrive." Now, that would be ideal!
- Answered by Charles H from Castle Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does Apple TV 4th have the same built-in Apps as Apple TV 3rd (in addition to having an App Store icon enabling you to D/L other apps)
- Asked by Ken H from Figtree
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV 4th have the same built-in Apps as Apple TV 3rd (in addition to having an App Store icon enabling you to D/L other apps))
- Asked about: Apple TV
D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD - data immediately saved on iCloud?
- Asked by Garry P
- Flag as inappropriate (D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD - data immediately saved on iCloud?)
- Asked about: D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD Camera