Can this item be used outdoors and can it handle being submersed under water as a flood sensor it should be iprated
we have streams running near our house that sometimes burst the banks it would be nice to get a early warning especially if I'm not at home
2 Answers from the Community
Hello, the product is water resistant and will float in water, however, it is not meant to be used outside.
- Answered by Richard B from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The sensor is actually buoyant, so there’s a risk it could float away outdoors if there’s a full on flood. Specs don’t mention water resistance, I think making it float was to avoid having to make it waterproof. It also only operates within 0-40 degrees C (32-104 F) so may be a risk of it freezing up and becoming inoperable outside if its too cold.
Operating range is 50m (164’) outdoors, probably limited by Bluetooth range.
- Answered by Rob T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this be used outdoors?
- Asked by David L from Westborough
- Feb. 28, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used outdoors?)
- Asked about: iDevices Socket
Can these be used in an outdoor light fixture?
- Asked by John S from Knoxville
- Nov. 6, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can these be used in an outdoor light fixture?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue White Ambiance LED Cand…
No answers yet
Can the Philips Hue Lightstrip be used outdoors -- on a deck for instance?
- Asked by Charlene S from Toronto
- Dec. 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Philips Hue Lightstrip be used outdoors -- on a deck for instance?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus