Can this item be used outdoors and can it handle being submersed under water as a flood sensor it should be iprated
we have streams running near our house that sometimes burst the banks it would be nice to get a early warning especially if I'm not at home
2 Answers from the Community
Hello, the product is water resistant and will float in water, however, it is not meant to be used outside.
- Answered by Richard B from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The sensor is actually buoyant, so there’s a risk it could float away outdoors if there’s a full on flood. Specs don’t mention water resistance, I think making it float was to avoid having to make it waterproof. It also only operates within 0-40 degrees C (32-104 F) so may be a risk of it freezing up and becoming inoperable outside if its too cold. Operating range is 50m (164’) outdoors, probably limited by Bluetooth range.
- Answered by Rob T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this be used outdoors or indoor only?
- Asked by Robert S from Gilroy
- May 18, 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can this be used outdoors or indoor only?
Can this be used outdoors or is there an outdoor one available that works with Wemo?
- Asked by Colette P from Paradise Valley
- May 7, 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can this be used outdoors or is there an outdoor one available that works with Wemo?