Is this G-drive bootable so I can bring my own OSX and travel between Mac's on different locations- and countries?
- Asked by Kåre Skak P from Fjenneslev
- Flag as inappropriate Is this G-drive bootable so I can bring my own OSX and travel between Mac's on different locations- and countries?
2 Answers from the Community
It is bootable, but booting up different Macs with the same disk image will likely cause problems. If you wanted to put just your data files on the external drive, you could create OSX sym-links from your home directory, on all the systems, such that they point to the external drive. The systems would all still boot with the internal drive, but all of your important files would be in a singular location. For Example: /Users/me/ Documents -> /Volumes/GDrive/Documents/ Pictures -> /Volumes/GDrive/Pictures/ Music -> /Volumes/GDrive/Music/ ... etc....
- Answered by Jerold A from Nashua
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. It is bootable if formatted correctly.
- Answered by John C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2