How many full hd screens suports? I want to connect 4 fhd dell monitors with hdmi or minidisplay ports.
5 Answers from the Community
You can connect two 4K displays to a Thunderbolt 3 port and a 4K display to the HDMI 2.0 port.
Two displays connected to a Thunderbolt 3 port requires one of the following (simplest first):
1) A Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter.
2) A Thunderbolt 3 device with two Thunderbolt 3 ports and a DisplayPort or HDMI 2.0 port. Connect a USB-C to DisplayPort or HDMI 2.0 adapter to a Thunderbolt 3 port.
3) Two Thunderbolt 3 devices, each with a DisplayPort. One with a 2nd Thunderbolt 3 port to connect the second Thunderbolt 3 device.
If this eGPU was supported in Windows (it is not; it is difficult to get it working in Windows) or if macOS supported MST (macOS does not support MST) then you could connect six 1920x1080 displays using two MST hubs connected to the Thunderbolt 3 port.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Considering how there are always many different (answers/opinions) pertaining to the capabilities of these and other Apple Products, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO RUNNING MULTIPLE DISPLAYS (MONITORS), I myself cannot understand why Apple doesn't just automatically elaborate on ALL the possibilities of each product, right from the beginning for us all....? I mean, the second I saw this truly awesome accessory, after I stopped drooling over it, the 1st thing I thought of was this same question....because I myself, like the majority of us whom would be interested in the product at hand, possess multiple HD/UHD(4k), and/or 21:9 monitors already...Think about it, who wants this piece and wouldn't be eventually asking this same question !? This has been a major on-going issue concerning the "how many monitors etc" question for years.....please, either add the possibilities from the jump, or have a verified Apple engineer monitor the heck out of these Q threads and help us....so you can sell more of them yourselves....Just a thought - thx.
- Answered by Matthew R from Lake Worth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The eGPU has one HDMI and two Thunderbolt 3 ports. You need to connect one Thunderbolt 3 port to the Mac, so I think you would only be able to connect two screens maximum, though I may be wrong.
- Answered by Meredith E from Menlo Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
it support 4k monitors with HDMI and 5k or 4k thunderbolt monitors, and with a thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter older Apple thunderbolt displays. Any monitor will work as long as you have the right adapter for it if required.
- Answered by Paul K from Pelican Waters
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The eGPU only have 2 video output. 1 via USB-C aka thunderbolt 3 and 1 via HDMI
- Answered by Waikit T from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Can I connect the DVI port on my Dell UltraSharp 2434 Widescreen Flat Panel LED HD Monitor to the HDMI port of my 15 Macbook Pro with Retina display
- Asked by Shreenath D from Bellaire
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect the DVI port on my Dell UltraSharp 2434 Widescreen Flat Panel LED HD Monitor to the HDMI port of my 15 Macbook Pro with Retina display)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Can my MBP (late 2013 retina) run 1 external monitor using a miniDisplay to DVI adapter and also run a 2nd monitor using the HDMI to DVI adapter?
- Asked by David U from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Can my MBP (late 2013 retina) run 1 external monitor using a miniDisplay to DVI adapter and also run a 2nd monitor using the HDMI to DVI adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter
how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor
- Asked by Aj B from Daytonabeach Shores
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter