what IS THE PROPER WAY TO CONNECT connect MBP2019 to BMD EGPU & LG 5k monitor?
1 Answer from the Community
The BMD eGPU has more powerful graphics than the MBP2019, therefore the display should be connected to the BMD eGPU. The BMD eGPU is the only eGPU that allows a Thunderbolt display to be connected this way (without extra hardware).
Connect the LG 5K to the BMD eGPU with the display's Thunderbolt 3 cable.
Connect the BMD eGPU to the MBP2019 with the BMD eGPUs Thunderbolt 3 cable.
Connect other Thunderbolt 3 devices to the other side of the MBP2019 if there are available ports. Otherwise it doesn't matter where you connect other Thunderbolt 3 devices.
To be sure, you can compare performance of various tasks with the display connected directly to the MBP2019 instead.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this compatible with the 5k LG UltraFine display?
- Asked by Drew F from Arvada
- Apr. 5, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with the 5k LG UltraFine display?)
- Asked about: Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck Radeon R…
Is this product work with Blackmagic egpu?
- Asked by Chenhan L from Irvine
- Apr. 21, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this product work with Blackmagic egpu?)
- Asked about: Moshi USB-C to DisplayPort Cable
can i use this cable to connect my MacBook pro with LG 5k Display?
- Asked by Tanvir Y from Abu Dhabi
- Apr. 17, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this cable to connect my MacBook pro with LG 5k Display?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) Cable (0.8 m)