Will a USB C adaptor to an HDMI 4k monitor work if I am using 2 monitors?
I currently have 2 4K monitors with HDMI & Displayport, I have one of the monitors connected to HDMI but the other will need an adaptor of some sort. Will the eGPU have an issue with the adaptor?
- Asked by fn from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a USB C adaptor to an HDMI 4k monitor work if I am using 2 monitors?)
1 Answer from the Community
Since your monitor has both HDMI and DisplayPort inputs, you can connect a USB-C to DisplayPort cable or a USB-C to HDMI cable (choose an active adapter that supports HDMI 2.0 4K 60Hz). I recommend using DisplayPort when possible.
You can connect two DisplayPort monitors to the Blackmagic eGPU using a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. There are also Thunderbolt 3 to Dual HDMI 2.0 adapters (make sure they support macOS - some older ones do not; make sure HDMI 2.0 is supported - some might only be HDMI 1.4).
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can it power a 4k monitor?
- Asked by Thomas T from Winnipeg
- Flag as inappropriate (can it power a 4k monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet
Does it support HDMI 2.0? I wan't to know if I can use a 60Hz refresh rate on an external monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan W
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support HDMI 2.0? I wan't to know if I can use a 60Hz refresh rate on an external monitor.)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?
- Asked by James F from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display