Is this in fact a Thunderbolt drive - out of the box ready for Thunderbolt speeds?
One answer says "No". But Apple has this listed with drives when I filtered on ThunderBolt. If it is not ThunderBolt ready out of the box, they are doing their customers a disservice. If it is capable of Thunderbolt throughput but an extra cost cable is required, that should be stated.
I am ready to buy a small capacity Thunderbolt drive and I can't believe how difficult it is to determine if what I'm buying will fit the bill.
So far, only a the Buffalo MiniStation and an offering from LeCie seem to meet that spec. I'd expect Apple to have a similar product in their Accessories list.
1 Answer from the Community
No. If you look at the spec sheet online it states 7200 RPM hard drive and up to 136MB/s transfer rates.
- Answered by Andrew L from Somerset
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
connecting a USB-C drive to an older Thunderbolt 2 MacBook Pro
- Asked by Nick C from Clearwater
- Jul. 12, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (connecting a USB-C drive to an older Thunderbolt 2 MacBook Pro)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…