Can it go into portrait mode with the stand it comes with? If not, can it go into portrait mode with a VESA mount?
2 Answers from the Community
No it can't, it only supports landscape orientation.
- Answered by Benjamin W from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
@ Benjamin - Thanks for responding.
I learned that the monitor doesn't officially support portrait mode but I tried rotating the orientation into portrait mode in an Apple store and it worked. (I didn't rotate the monitor itself, just the presentation.) So I went ahead and bought one and put it on a VESA mount and portrait mode has worked fine for several months now. In fact it's worked fine using two of these monitors in portrait mode. I'm using a 15" 2017 MBP. Not sure why it's not officially supported. Perhaps I'm risking something, but it's been great so far.
- Answered by J B M from Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this product be turned around into portrait mode?
- Asked by Rahul K
- Jun. 7, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this product be turned around into portrait mode?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
Does the Smart Keyboard support Portrait Mode orientation?
- Asked by Victor C from Ann Arbor
- Sep. 30, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Smart Keyboard support Portrait Mode orientation?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for iPad (7th genera…
Does this allow shooting with iPhone 7 Plus in portrait mode?
- Asked by Benjamin C
- May 15, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this allow shooting with iPhone 7 Plus in portrait mode?)
- Asked about: JOBY GripTight Action Kit with Gori…