Which connector do I need use the 27 iMac with a 2008 MacBookPro?
1 Answer from the Community
it would depend on how you want to connect them.
1. You want to access the data on your macbook pro through your iMac
Use a firewire cable, when you turn on your MBP, hold down the 't' key, your MBP will then appear as a drive on your iMac
2. You (for some reason) want to use the iMac as a second screen for your MBP
Just use your iMac (having connected your MBP as listed in point 1 you will be able to access any files you need from either computer through the iMac)
if you want a second screen that you can use for BOTH your iMac and your MBP, buy the mini display port to DVI adaptor from apple and a good monitor OR fork out for the apple cinema display that will plug straight into both computers (but not at the same time) FYI if you buy a 3rd party monitor, you will also need to buy a cable to run audio, as mini DP does not transfer audio (the aple display does this through the USB plug)
- Answered by Bruno F from Blackmans Bay
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Hiw do I connect Nikon Coolscan 8000 to iMac Core i5 2017 model
- Asked by Daniel S from Halfmoon Bay
- Flag as inappropriate (Hiw do I connect Nikon Coolscan 8000 to iMac Core i5 2017 model)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
does 2017 iMac 27" allow target display mode?
- Asked by Kevin G from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (does 2017 iMac 27" allow target display mode?)
- Asked about: Mac
What cable do I need to connect my iMac 27' to a Blue Ray player?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to connect my iMac 27' to a Blue Ray player?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter