Can I connect a mac air with an extra monitor as well as ethernet ?
I bought one thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter and one Mini Display Port to DVI adapter. But there is only one thunderbolt on Mac Air. How can I connect an extra monitor as well as Ethernet?
2 Answers from the Community
You need a device like the Elgato Thunderbolt 2 Dock.
It will give you a pass-through Thunderbolt port, along with Gigabit Ethernet, 3-USB3 ports, audio and HDMI. If you could drive your external monitor with an HDMI connection, you could get this hub and return both adapters you bought.
- Answered by Frank D from Stony Point
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
USB to Ethernet adapter is my cheaper solution than a Thuderbolt dock.
- Answered by Stasa M from Bloomington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will it be able to pass Ethernet from a Thunderbolt monitor as well?
- Asked by Mary A from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it be able to pass Ethernet from a Thunderbolt monitor as well?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Jacques C from Riverside
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Extra uses for the Lightning Digital AV Adapter?
- Asked by Cedric Gabriel C from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (Extra uses for the Lightning Digital AV Adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter