Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?
I just purchased a Dell Ultra Sharp 32" monitor and it only has hdmi and displayport output. My PC computer's graphic card has DVI. I want to get the 2560x1600 resolution and I thought this cable would work. I connected the mini displayport to the monitor, USB to the computer and the DVI port to the graphics card. I can't get it to work. The monitor says mini displayport not active even after turning on computer. Thanks.
- Asked by Mark B from Westland
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?)
2 Answers from the Community
This cable is meant to go the opposite direction (i.e., video supply from the computer over mDP, power over USB, video out to the monitor via (dual-link) DVI). I hope this answers your question.
- Answered by Dustin W from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Correction. I meant to say hdmi and displayport inputs.
- Answered by Mark B from Westland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor
- Asked by Aj B from Daytonabeach Shores
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter