3rd generation iTouch charging vs. 1st/2nd gen
I'm looking to buy a set of portable (boombox) speakers to work with my 3rd Gen iTouch. MANY of the speakers say they support generations 1 and 2... but fail to mention if they support Gen 3. Is this b/c the design is just that old (i.e. when they were designed and first sold, those were the only 2 generations of iTouch available)? Or, is there an incompatibility b/w Generations 2 and 3 (or 4)? If it helps, I'm looking at (among others) the inMotion Kick and M402SR by Altec Lansing
On a related note, if it says Universal iPod dock for iPod... does that mean it will work with all gen's of iTouch?
- Asked by Doug G from Marion
- Flag as inappropriate (3rd generation iTouch charging vs. 1st/2nd gen)
1 Answer from the Community
Second and third generation iPods use the same type of charging, so yours will work fine with that dock. Likely the box was printed before the 3rd gen was available. If something specifically said that it only supported the first generation, then it would likely use the old standard power source (FireWire) to charge the iPod, and if you plugged yours in, then it would play but not charge. Universal dock is just meaning that it supports all models of iPod. The only thing you have to worry about is whether it will charge your iPod, and if it supports second gen then you're good to go!
- Answered by Jason G from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will this new 12W adapter work with 1st generation iPad? Will it increase the charging time of 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation iPads?
- Asked by Zvi V
- Flag as inappropriate (will this new 12W adapter work with 1st generation iPad? Will it increase the charging time of 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation iPads?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Can I watch tv through my I Pad 3rd generation
- Asked by Beryl F from Foresthill
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch tv through my I Pad 3rd generation)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)