Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system
i have airport express hard wired to built in surround speakers to pick up music from iPad, iPhone etc. can I output sound from my samsung smart TV to the surround speakers via airport express over wifi? Do I need software on tv?
1 Answer from the Community
You are using the audio output port from the Airport Express to support Airplay, correct?
The question you really need to ask is if the Samsung TV supports Airplay.
I would guess it does not but I could be wrong.
You would be better to look at your surround sound receiver that is driving the surround speakers to see if that could support some audio communication from your Samsung TV, preferably in a wireless mode (e.g., via cable) to avoid time delays with the video.
- Answered by Bill A from Mission Viejo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can a Bose Soundbar be connected to an Airport Express so that we can use AirPlay to play music through the Bose system from an iPhone?
- Asked by Warren S from Whitefish
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a Bose Soundbar be connected to an Airport Express so that we can use AirPlay to play music through the Bose system from an iPhone?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter