can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?
I'm using airplay to play a video to a projector but the audio is located elsewhere, so is it possible to send the video to the projector via apple tv and then the audio to an airport express to come out some PA speakers?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can do this. You can connect your video source to the Apple TV through HDMI. For the audio you send it to any AirPlay capable receiver. You'll find the option to change your audio output in General > Audio & Video. You'll see the current audio source as your Apple TV. Just select your AirPlay device and you're good to go.
- Answered by Larry G from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can give video via HDMI and audio via optic cable.
- Answered by Vlad Andrei M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use this to send Audio and video to the HDMI input on my TV from my new iMac?
- Asked by Tom L from Nashville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to send Audio and video to the HDMI input on my TV from my new iMac?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?
- Asked by Shilpa M from Mumbai
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?)
- Asked about: Apple TV