Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?
I am moving and need to find a new source of internet, my question is that if i buy this, will i be able to just use this for my internet or will i still need to find an internet provider?
- Asked by Kate F from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?)
3 Answers from the Community
No, you will need an internet provider.
- Answered by Ryan B from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, you will still have to get a internet provider as the AirPort Express is like a router which sends your internet wirelessly to all your remote devices. The internet provider will give you a modem, then you plug in a Ethernet Cable to it and the AirPort Express and away you go. If you have a iMac you can use the AirPort Utility App: to set it up. (Finder-Applications-Utilities-AirPort App)
- Answered by Thomas M from Cleveland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You need an internet service. It will come with a modem that will possibly already have WiFi capability - mine from Comcast does. In this case, AirPort Express will extend your WiFi, allow you to connect iTunes to your hifi, etc.
- Answered by William N from Wheaton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Do you have to pay for a subscription?
- Asked by Zack M from Garden City
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have to pay for a subscription?)
- Asked about: ecobee3 Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat
No answers yet
'No service" in place of carrier
- Asked by Cynthia H from Palm Harbor
- Flag as inappropriate ('No service" in place of carrier)
- Asked about: iPhone
No answers yet
If you have 60 ghz for your Internet service dose this speed it up?
- Asked by Vickie R from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (If you have 60 ghz for your Internet service dose this speed it up?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme