Does the iBooks app support video output with the VGA adapter? I'd love to use that application as a presentation tool for PDFs.
2 Answers from the Community
Short answer is No. In my testing I got no VGA output from iBooks.
Only default applications I got output from were Photos (but only in slideshow mode, not when manually browsing) and Videos (again, only when watching, not when browsing).
So other than downloading/buying another application you could try converting your presentation to work with one of those two.
- Answered by Steven P from Avalon Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, the iPad displays PDF presentations beautifully on vga devices using the vga adapter. As others have noted this is dependent on each application individually. I used the GoodReader version 2.8. For me, it wasn't obvious on the GoodReader help documents how to do this, probably because the feature is new to the 2.8 release.
I printed the ppt to PDF and then synched it to the GoodReader app. Opening the GoodReader app, shows the list of documents, and on the bottom far right, a set of icons for pop up menus. The flatscreen shaped icon is active if the VGA adapter is plugged into a vga device. Select this icon with a finger tap and the icon will toggle to show an exclamation point or possibly "1" in the icon ... I don't remember which.
Opening the document now shows both the document on both the iPad and the VGA device.
If you have a vga monitor, you can practice this before you try it on a vga projector.
- Answered by Parker R from Dunedin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output
- Asked by Fiona M from New Lambton Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Can the adapter support 3D video?
- Asked by 其林 文 from 北京
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the adapter support 3D video?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
No answers yet
Under "system requirements" it states this adapter "Supports both video and audio output" - however VGA does not support audio so how can this work?
- Asked by Paul S
- Flag as inappropriate (Under "system requirements" it states this adapter "Supports both video and audio output" - however VGA does not support audio so how can this work?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter