I have the 1st generation IPad and 4s phone. Which adapter do I need to watch Netflix movies on my TV from my IPad or phone? I have a 1080 HDMI TV
- Asked by Carey M from Mckinney
- Flag as inappropriate (Netflix)
3 Answers from the Community
Hi, I am not sure if anyone has answered this yet. I have an IPhone 4 and an Ipad 2 and could not stream Netflix through either, even with the adapter. I called them directly in the US and they said the adapter will only work for Ipad 4 and newer, and IPhone 4S and newer. Any older and their systems do not recognize it. It is not the answer I wanted but it at least it explained why the adapter did not work. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Derrick S from Orillia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just bought the 30-pin to VGA Adapter for my iPad 2. I am able to stream Netflix from my iPad over to my large HD TV using a VGA cable and the 30pin to VGA Adapter. My HD TV has a VGA connection capability so granted yours does as well you will need a) 1 VGA Male to Male cable (Pretty cheap in-store and online such as on Amazon) b) Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter.
Really hope this helped as it is amazing to see your iPad screen (in your case iPhone as well) on such a large screen!
- Answered by Quinton D from Surrey
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Latest version of Netflix (since around Aug/Sep 2013) is either bugged or more likely they removed support for VGA so this is no longer a working solution.
- Answered by Ian M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will it work to play and pause Netflix?
- Asked by Michele S from Bonita Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work to play and pause Netflix?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
No answers yet
Is this a good router for Netflix?
- Asked by Timothy C from Fort Erie
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a good router for Netflix?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme