What cable do I need to purchase to stream netflix from my iPhone4s and watch on a pc?
We have Netflix and would like to be able to watch movies via our Netflix app on our iPhone4s on our laptop. There is a specific place we want to use this feature, but Wi-Fi connections don't exist....so we rely on our phones internet connection to watch netflix movies. What type of cable do we need to make this happen?
- Asked by fn from Clarksburg
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to purchase to stream netflix from my iPhone4s and watch on a pc?)
1 Answer from the Community
Well, for a start, most laptops screens don't have the ability to receive and display an external display source. 2 options I can think of:
1. Plugging your iPhone into your laptop and enabling Personal Hotspot (in Settings). That shares the internet from your phone, so your laptop can use it.
2. Finding another monitor, TV, whatever. If it has HDMI, that's your best bet. Get an "Apple Digital AV Adapter". There are other cables that support DVI, etc - just look around. Getting one of those does get the display, and in some cases, audio to the screen.
- Answered by Cameron B from Usher
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?
- Asked by Peter O from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter