what is the difference between vga adapter and the av cable
- Asked by Antoni M from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between vga adapter and the av cable)
2 Answers from the Community
The Apple VGA Adapter is designed to connect your iPad to a monitor, TV or projector using a VGA cable. This is an older type of connection but still common on many projectors sold today. A VGA connection can only carry a video signal. Another limitation of VGA is its lack of support for HDCP - 'High Definition Copy Protection' - which prevents the playback of some movies (for example movies rented or purchased from the iTunes store) on an external display.
The Apple Digital AV Adapter allows you to connect you iPad to a monitor, TV, projector or home theatre system using an HDMI cable. HMDI carries both a video and audio signal, and supports HDCP, making it ideal for playback of rented or purchased movies from the iTunes store. This adapter also includes a 30-pin dock connector to which you can connect a USB charging cable, allowing you to charge your iPad at the same time as using the adapter.
- Answered by Chris L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The VGA adapter connects to the iPad and has a female connector on the other end, which connects to an AV (male-male VGA) cable, which then connects to a projector or monitor.
- Answered by Ted B from Clayton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this adapter allow a/v out through a 30-pin to a/v cable?
- Asked by Jarrett B from York
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow a/v out through a 30-pin to a/v cable?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
how long is the cable for the VGA Adapter
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (how long is the cable for the VGA Adapter)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
I want to know if this adapter will work with the Digital AV Adapter and allow me to connect the device to an HDTV, or if a new AV cable will come out
- Asked by Maxwell P from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to know if this adapter will work with the Digital AV Adapter and allow me to connect the device to an HDTV, or if a new AV cable will come out)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)