what is the difference between vga adapter and the av cable
- Asked by Antoni M from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between vga adapter and the av cable)
2 Answers from the Community
The Apple VGA Adapter is designed to connect your iPad to a monitor, TV or projector using a VGA cable. This is an older type of connection but still common on many projectors sold today. A VGA connection can only carry a video signal. Another limitation of VGA is its lack of support for HDCP - 'High Definition Copy Protection' - which prevents the playback of some movies (for example movies rented or purchased from the iTunes store) on an external display.
The Apple Digital AV Adapter allows you to connect you iPad to a monitor, TV, projector or home theatre system using an HDMI cable. HMDI carries both a video and audio signal, and supports HDCP, making it ideal for playback of rented or purchased movies from the iTunes store. This adapter also includes a 30-pin dock connector to which you can connect a USB charging cable, allowing you to charge your iPad at the same time as using the adapter.
- Answered by Chris L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The VGA adapter connects to the iPad and has a female connector on the other end, which connects to an AV (male-male VGA) cable, which then connects to a projector or monitor.
- Answered by Ted B from Clayton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
what is the difference between a VGA adapter and an AV adapter
- Asked by Linda A
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between a VGA adapter and an AV adapter)
- Asked about: Lightning to VGA Adapter
Will AV adapter work with my camera
- Asked by Pauline F
- Flag as inappropriate (Will AV adapter work with my camera)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet
how long is the cable for the VGA Adapter
- Asked by Ryan P from Lancaster
- Flag as inappropriate (how long is the cable for the VGA Adapter)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter