What power cable will I need if I move to Australia?
I might be moving to Australia next year, and I'm wondering what i will need to charge my Macbook over there. I am currently living in Canada, and I own a 15" (White) Macbook.
- Asked by Kelly B from St. Catharines
- Flag as inappropriate (What power cable will I need if I move to Australia?)
1 Answer from the Community
The power adapter that came with your MacBook should be suitable for 100 - 240v AC 50/60 Hz. All that you will need to change is the actual head that sits on the power adapter. In Australia (240v 50Hz), we use two angled pins with a third earth pin (the earth is not required for double insulated appliances like your MacBook power adapter).
The head for the power adapter for Australia is 603-7715 or for a complete 1.8m power lead with head is 590-5259.
- Answered by Greg S from Penshurst
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it work with the Power Adapter Extension Cable so we can move from 2 m to 4 m?
- Asked by Francis R from Brasília
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with the Power Adapter Extension Cable so we can move from 2 m to 4 m?)
- Asked about: 61W USB‑C Power Adapter
Will it work without power? Does it need a power cable?
- Asked by Daniele L from Strangolagalli
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work without power? Does it need a power cable?)
- Asked about: Belkin Aluminium USB 3.0 4-Port Hub
Charging iPad in Australia
- Asked by Peter Z from Chelmsford
- Flag as inappropriate (Charging iPad in Australia)
- Asked about: Twelve South PlugBug World Charger …