i am running 10.6.3 can i get lion upgrade
- Asked by Vanessa G from Westlock
- Flag as inappropriate (i am running 10.6.3 can i get lion upgrade)
1 Answer from the Community
STEP 1: Select "Software Update" (under the Apple Menu) in order to update Snow Leopard to OS 10.6.8. (You are likely already at OS 10.6.8 -- go to "About This Mac" (under the Apple Menu) to find out.) Mac OS 10.6.6 to 10.6.8 will add the "App Store.app" inside the Applications folder.
STEP 2: One upgrades to latest OS (currently Mavericks OS 10.9) by using the "App Store.app". However, to get Lion (OS10.7) or Mountain Lion (OS10.8), one must first go to the Apple Store to purchase and receive download instructions. The direct link to Lion (OS 10.7) is:
in Canada (I assume you are in Westlock, Alberta): storeDOTappleDOTcom/ca/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion
in USA: storeDOTappleDOTcom/us/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion
[replace each "DOT: with "." in above links]
Before purchasing, you may wish to make sure your Mac meets the System Requirements for Lion:
An Intel Core 2 Duo, i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Xeon processor
(a Mac with "Intel Core Duo" will not work -- must be at least "Intel Core 2 Duo".)
Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
7 GB free hard drive space
2 GB RAM
NOTE: If your Mac supports newer Operating Systems, you can upgrade directly from OS 10.6 to OS 10.8 or OS 10.9. You can "skip" OS versions.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
i have OS 10.6.3, can i install lion?
- Asked by Jill L from Pawtucket
- Flag as inappropriate (i have OS 10.6.3, can i install lion?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
I'm still on Snow Leopard OS on my Mac and want to use this new Time Capsule to do a full backup BEFORE upgrading to Mountain Lion OS X. Can I do it?
- Asked by N.a. L
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm still on Snow Leopard OS on my Mac and want to use this new Time Capsule to do a full backup BEFORE upgrading to Mountain Lion OS X. Can I do it?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB