My husband's G4 & my MacBook run on Tiger. I'd like to upgrade to Snow Leopard. Will I lose compatibility with my husband's computer on our network?
My husband's G4 cannot run Snow Leopard, so we both have OS 10.4.11. My MacBook can run Snow Leopard. We do share a lot of documents wirelessly.
I'd like to try some applications that do not run on Tiger, but don't want to leave my husband in the dust as I take off for the future!
1 Answer from the Community
No, no compatibility should be lost. In fact, if you upgrade him to Leopard (10.5) you'll have pretty much the same compatibility as you do now since there aren't many differences between the two as much as Tiger and Snow Leopard.
- Answered by Matthew M from Pleasanton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a Mac with Snow Leopard installed.I would like to upgrade to Lion. Would I still be able to use Adobe CS3 that is on my computer
- Asked by Bettina G from Jupiter
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Mac with Snow Leopard installed.I would like to upgrade to Lion. Would I still be able to use Adobe CS3 that is on my computer)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)