to upgrade my imac and macbook from 10.5 to 10.6 do i need to buy 10.6 twice?
- Asked by Paul R T from Port Orchard
- Flag as inappropriate (to upgrade my imac and macbook from 10.5 to 10.6 do i need to buy 10.6 twice?)
2 Answers from the Community
This DVD is not lisensed for multiple use, therefore you must buy two.
- Answered by Owen B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The same OS 10.6 retail disk can be used to install Snow Leopard on unlimited number of Macs. However, one is "supposed" to have purchased a license for each Mac that Snow Leopard is installed onto, and the only way to "pay" for each license is to buy a Snow Leopard retail disk for each license required. No license number or key is needed or provided in order to install Snow Leopard; your sales receipt is the only proof received that you have paid-up valid license(s).
At one time, Apple sold the same retail disk inside a "Family Pack" package which, when purchased, provided licenses for up to 5 Macs within a household. Only one disk was in that package, same as the single license package. When Apple dropped the price of the single license Snow Leopard package from $30 to $20, the Family Pack package which had previously sold for $50 was discontinued.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can I upgrade white macbook 2.2 gH intel core duo from 10.5.8 to 10.6
- Asked by Jason S from Orinda
- Flag as inappropriate (can I upgrade white macbook 2.2 gH intel core duo from 10.5.8 to 10.6)
- Asked about: Mac