can i connect my apple macbook air to both wifi and usb ethernet at same time of different connections
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, but due to the way in the Air works out routing, the wired connection will take precedent unless:
1) The wired and wireless are on different networks and you are trying to communicate with someone on the same network as your wireless connection (This is known as 'directly connected')
2) You manually enter a specific route and point it out of your wireless interface
3) You remove the default gateway from your wired connection (In which case you will only communicate do 'directly connected' network via your wired port unless you enter a manual route as per point 2 above)
I hope that makes sense.
- Answered by Paul B from Coventry
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this as a networking cable, like an ethernet cable?
- Asked by Seth T from Glen Allen
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this as a networking cable, like an ethernet cable?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…
Can I use this ethernet cable to connect my Mac to my Time Capsule (wifi is unreliable where we live).
- Asked by James A
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this ethernet cable to connect my Mac to my Time Capsule (wifi is unreliable where we live).)
- Asked about: Belkin CAT6 Ethernet Cable (2 m/6.6…