how do i transfer files from old pc to my macbook pro do i use my thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?
1 Answer from the Community
-plug Thunderbolt-Enet adapter in to your MacbookPro
-plug enet cable in to TB-Enet adapter
-plug other end of enet cable into a enet hub or switch
-attach your PC via enet to the same hub or switch
on you MacbookPro
-turn off WiFi (probably don't have to do this; but, it makes the process a little simpler)
-select Thunderbolt-Enet as your network protocol (DHCP should work fine)
-open Utilities folder (command-shift-u)
-launch Migration Assistant
-select "transfer files from a PC"
-select your PC and follow the directions
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
ethernet vs thunderbolt for migration
- Asked by Alan F from Cloverdale
- Flag as inappropriate (ethernet vs thunderbolt for migration)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…
Can I attach a gigabit ethernet through an adapter on the display and use it on my Macbook Pro (2016) ?
- Asked by Sebastian R
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I attach a gigabit ethernet through an adapter on the display and use it on my Macbook Pro (2016) ?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display