Can I connect a tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire connection for daw control, can I plug the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt
Basically can I connect my tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire port for daw control using my FireWire cable out of the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt then thunderbolt to thunderbolt 3 adaptor into a thunderbolt 3 port on a new 15” 2018 MacBook Pro.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. That should work. I can use those two adapters to connect a FireWire hard drive for example. Other FireWire solutions are: 1) A dock with a FireWire port such as the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock. 2) A Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion box with a PCIe FireWire card. A PCie card can have 3 FireWire ports.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the "Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter" work together with the "Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter"?
Is 2011 MacBook compatible with CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock
- Asked by Mark G from Coburg
- May 26, 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Is 2011 MacBook compatible with CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock
Can this adapter be used to connect a USB C monitor to a Mac Mini (which only has USB A and Thunderbolt ports)?
- Asked by Michael P from Waban
- Nov. 27, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Can this adapter be used to connect a USB C monitor to a Mac Mini (which only has USB A and Thunderbolt ports)?