Enough to Power my Audio sound card?
I am so excited with this release and I am not at home to check the power consumption of my sound card!
Would it be able to power my:
M-Audio 1814 FireWire sound card???
- Asked by John M
- Flag as inappropriate (Enough to Power my Audio sound card?)
4 Answers from the Community
Like the other anwser said: the adapter can provide 7W of power. The Fire standard (IEEE 1394) says that the max output is 30 V @ 1.5 amps so 45W. Seeing the size of your device and its complexity, there is a good chance it will require more than 7W of power and the provided adapter is 12V @ 1 amp so 12W (although an adapter is rarely used at full capacity). Unless they completely oversized their power adapter, you may need to plug it in.
This adapter looks much more built to access FireWire external harddrives that are either self powered of portable and thus less power hungry.
Let us know the results when you can!
- Answered by Felix A from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
My MOTU Ultralite does not work via FireWire bus power. I have an Iomega portable drive that doesn't work via TB to FW either. I have a SmartDisk drive that does work. It is a case by case basis it seems.
- Answered by Jef L from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The description says it supplies up to 7W of power to bus power devices so as long as you sound card doesn't pull more than that you should be ok.
- Answered by Paul M from Milan
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes it will.
I am currently doing this with my Macbook Pro Retina 15" i7 2.8Ghz. Works like a charm.
- Answered by Shakka P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Is HomePod made for general use in the home only, or is it powerful enough to use for a house party without dropping sound quality?
- Asked by Natalie G
- Flag as inappropriate (Is HomePod made for general use in the home only, or is it powerful enough to use for a house party without dropping sound quality?)
- Asked about: HomePod
Help? I need a sound card and a mic to record audio interview on my Mac book Pro. Should i buy an Apogee one or Apogee mic digital microphone?
- Asked by Louise D from Waverton
- Flag as inappropriate (Help? I need a sound card and a mic to record audio interview on my Mac book Pro. Should i buy an Apogee one or Apogee mic digital microphone?)
- Asked about: Apogee ONE USB Microphone and Audio…