Wondering why my Firewire cables don't fit into the Firewire end of the Adapter. Is there more than 1 kind of Firewire cable?
2 Answers from the Community
The Firewire 400 plug has an almost rounded top; the other end being square corners. The Firewire 800 plug is rectangular with square corners all around.
The 800 is also called a 9-pin, and the 400 (the big on on the back of your computer) is called a 6-pin.
There is also a mini plug that often goes with small video cameras, which is a 4-pin. I don't know if the 4-pins can be two speeds, or not.
- Answered by Bob F from Santa Barbara
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. There's 400 and 800 types. My G Raid has both but the 800 has black and white connectors. The 400 is all black.
- Answered by Ronald F from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What kind of cable is this:
- Asked by Leah F from Hastings On Hudson
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of cable is this:)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
No answers yet
Is Thunderbolt really slower than FireWire 800 in Target Disk Mode?
- Asked by Dan M from Stockton
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Thunderbolt really slower than FireWire 800 in Target Disk Mode?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…
can I use thnderbolt to Firewire cable on this drive to move data to a firewire device.
- Asked by Kenneth D from Saint Charles
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use thnderbolt to Firewire cable on this drive to move data to a firewire device.)
- Asked about: G-Tech 1TB G-DRIVE mobile Thunderbo…