how do you tell the difference between a 60-watt charger and an 85-watt charger?
2 Answers from the Community
By site they look very similar but the lower watt chargers are a little smaller and lighter. The best way to be sure is to look at the underside of the charger. The watts are written there.
- Answered by Michael K from Kawasaki-shi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
On the prong side, the side that houses the wall. It will say the watts in a square followed by MagSafe 2 Power Adapter, eother 45W, 60W or 85W in the box. It's in the biggest font and on the top of all the writing and info is on the charger. Also if you get a charger that is rated higher than what you need there is if you use that charger. For example I have a 13in rMBP and it's original charger is 60W MagSafe 2 adapter. But I use my girlfriend's charger which is an 85W MagSafe 2 adapter for her 15in rMBP. The charger charges my rMBP just fine. But if she were to use mine, her computer would take long than usual.
- Answered by Gustavo C from Madera
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What are the advantages and disadvantages of low vs high amps and watts?
- Asked by John P from Montgomery
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the advantages and disadvantages of low vs high amps and watts?)
- Asked about: Belkin Car Charger (2.4A/12W) with …
will the 60 watt AC adapter work on the macbook pro 15 ?
- Asked by Jolie B from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (will the 60 watt AC adapter work on the macbook pro 15 ?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
How much fast is the 29 watt charger
- Asked by Andrew O from Burnaby
- Flag as inappropriate (How much fast is the 29 watt charger)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet