Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
I am about to purchase a macbook pro and am wondering about creating CD's and DVD's. I know that I need an external superdrive with the retina display. Is this all I need to be able to create and burn a DVD or a CD as I will have to do this as part of my job.
- Asked by Renee W from Ormeau Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina)
3 Answers from the Community
Apple has discontinued iDVD with iLIFE. You will have to purchase third party software.
For the premium price we pay for macs, I would expect them to include the basic software.
- Answered by Donald M from Bloomingdale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Depends what you mean by "create DVD's or CD's" - The MacBook Pro with Retina Display comes with inbuilt software to let you do the basic functions (for example, burn music to a CD from iTunes, or iDVD, which lets you create DVD's from certain video files on your Mac) - for more complicated operations, such as copying DVD's or CD's, you will need additional software like Toast.
- Answered by Peter C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
yes, it is all you need to create your CDs and DVDs. to do that, you can use the Mac OS' disk burning facility, iTunes' burning option (if you wanna create MP3s, for example). you cannot write / burn Blu-Ray disks, though, as it doesn't support them.
- Answered by Ciprian L from Manchester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
can this hard drive play cd/dvd and burn cds?
- Asked by Alex D from Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate (can this hard drive play cd/dvd and burn cds?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Porsche Design P'9223 USB…
Can I share an Apple SuperDrive using the new Airport Time Capsule?
- Asked by Benjamin M from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I share an Apple SuperDrive using the new Airport Time Capsule?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB