Is the superdrive only compatible with the three macs listed under the system requirements
i.e. does it work with other older macbook pros
4 Answers from the Community
The "new" Apple USB SuperDrive will only support the current
Mac Mini, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
To put it another way this USB SuperDrive will only work with
Macs without built-in optical drive and
Macs not being able to optional built in an optical drive.
- Answered by Kang-ling W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, and a basic rule of thumb-if a Mac computer does not have a built in super drive then the Apple USB SuperDrive will work with it.
- Answered by Mark G from Mobile
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
According to Apple Store:
Compatible with the following computers:
MacBook Pro with Retina display
iMac (late 2012) and later
Mac mini (late 2009) and later
Mac Pro (late 2013)
- Answered by Kathleen M from Westerville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes. It will not work with any model that has a built in Optical drive (any MacBook Pros other than the Retina Display model).
- Answered by Esra C from Shoreline
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I noticed on the compatibility list the MAC BookAir and IMAC are not listed for the AirPods. Will they be compatible with those devices?
- Asked by Kevin S from Slatington
- Flag as inappropriate (I noticed on the compatibility list the MAC BookAir and IMAC are not listed for the AirPods. Will they be compatible with those devices?)
- Asked about: AirPods
USB devices compatilible and power requirements
- Asked by Jeroen K from Hong Kong
- Flag as inappropriate (USB devices compatilible and power requirements)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
No answers yet
Is this compatible with Windows operating system?
- Asked by Pradeep Kumar S from Kingsville
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with Windows operating system?)
- Asked about: HORIPAD ULTIMATE Wireless Game Cont…