got a digital to analogue audio converter (Apple TV dig > analogue stereo amp). It needs a 5v usb power source, will Apple 5W usb adapter work?
1 Answer from the Community
Well, it is just a common power adapter, and just as any other ones on the market, they work alike. If you get the cord, then sure, you can. However, if you feel the plug becoming hot (not warm, like 100*F, I will suggest you stop using this one and look for one that is with higher output current. Like the standard Apple one with 5.1V, 2.1A output VIA standard USB.
COME ON, it is just a power adapter.
- Answered by Xavier J from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the USB port power third party peripherals?
- Asked by Steven H
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port power third party peripherals?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Can I use this to feed audio into GarageBand from a digital source
- Asked by Charles M from Chesapeake
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to feed audio into GarageBand from a digital source)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (0.5m)