Can I connect iPhone 5s/PianoDiary to MAC/Sibelius First to import & export MIDI data via the Apple Camera connection kit ?
I use Yamaha PianoDiary app (on iPhone 5s) to RECORD midi from an external piano
ie. (iPhone 5S --> Apple Camera connection kit --> Roland UM-One to midi plugs (In and Out) --> External Piano.)
The PianoDiary app also allows me to PLAYBACK to the piano.
Alas, the MIDI is stored within a PianoDiary SQLite database and not as a midi file. So, no easy way to export and import.
Unable to get the PianoDiary app WiFi or Bluetooth working with a MAC so now I explore hard wiring from iPhone 5s to a MAC.
Could I treat the iPhone 5s/Pianodiary app as a MIDI instrument
i.e. (iPhone 5s/Pianodiary --> Apple Camera connection kit --> TypeA(Male) to TypeB(Female) adapter --> Regular USB cable --> Mac/Sibelius First.)
I could then press PLAY on the iPhone 5S and RECORD on the MAC to export from the iPhone and vice versa to import.
Is there any good reason why this hardwire approach wouldn't work using the Apple Camera connection kit ?
Is there a better way to do this connection via cable ? (I have given up on WiFi and Bluetooth)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
iPad Camera Connection Kit issues and CF cards
- Asked by Damien T from Sydney
- Apr. 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (iPad Camera Connection Kit issues and CF cards)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter
Will this allow me to connect a go pro camera to import fottage?
- Asked by James W
- Dec. 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow me to connect a go pro camera to import fottage?)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
Can this connect to electronic drum kit?
- Asked by Wong C from Singapore
- Nov. 25, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this connect to electronic drum kit?)
- Asked about: IK Multimedia iRig HD 2 Guitar and …
No answers yet