Which one is the best for connecting I-phoneSE to a headphone AMP/DAC ; Lightning to USB, or Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter?
1 Answer from the Community
The USB 3 adapter is more versatile. Some/many DACs pull more current than the Lightning port will allow, resulting in a warning screen and no operation. The USB 3 adapter has an extra port to allow external power, similar to a powered USB hub. External power is required for 2 of my 3 DACs (HiFiMeDIY 9018 and Schiit Modi require external power, Schiit Modi Multibit does not.) I hope this helps.
- Answered by Joe M from Redondo Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter has 2 ports. Can USB port and Lightning port be used at the same time?
- Asked by Hing Lung C from Chatswood
- Sep. 23, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate The Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter has 2 ports. Can USB port and Lightning port be used at the same time?
Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?
is this Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter MJYT2AM/a?
- Asked by Billy H from Fairhope
- Dec. 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate is this Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter MJYT2AM/a?